Sunday, March 16, 2008

Post the Ninth

Date: Sunday 16 March, 2008
Started: 6:57 PM
Finished: 7:28 PM


Urgh, been putting this update off for two days. Been feeling a bit lazy recently, have to watch out for that.

Anyway, on Thursday, we finally moved into our new workstation, with many thanks to Rhys for getting it cleaned up beforehand. It's quite the ideal environment, with only two other groups in the same room, a lot of open space, and a few desks here-and-there - I can already imagine the nerdly gatherings that are bound to take place in that room, especially since we may also be getting a coffee machine in there (not a big coffee fan myself… might have to reprogram myself there, since it's a fact that all adults like coffee or tea, and I'm eighteen in less than four months). We even have a computer for group use, which we have managed to get some success with in terms of maintaining a stable internet connection (although I'm not sure exactly how much success, as I was quickly distracted by Dan's designing of the "death truck"). Other than that, there was not much in terms of advancement during that lesson, as Rhys, Nick Kerr and I ended up launching a crusade to discover the identity of one "MorbidAngel", with success (as there was nothing left to do at the time, plain and simple).

On my front, I'm about to start working on some more conceptual sketches, which, from what I can tell, are going to be some alternate designs for the mutants that I've already made sketches for, as well as some sketches for the half-mutants, and, when I'm given the heads-up, some sketches for environments. Over the past day or so, I've been learning how to make seamless textures (invaluable for site design and 3D texturing) and rust patterns (for the site texturing) in Photoshop. and I am planning to look into even more Photoshop-related knowhow, for when we begin work on the custom layout. I'm also going to get around to investigating CSS soon, and am going to look into the details of 3D models and Photoshop along with Todd, as soon as the time comes.

Oh, and I ran into an issue recently - I can't seem to get the Wacom drivers to work on this computer, and have not been able to find any functional 32bit drivers for Vista on the Wacom site. Either I'm going to have to look beyond the official site, or I just won't be able to use a tablet from home.

For now, I'm out. Going to go and get me some hamburgers.

- N.

I must keep reminding myself of this…

No comments: