Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Post the Sixth

Date: Tuesday 4 March - Wednesday 5 March, 2008
Started: 11:43 PM
Finished: 12:11 AM


Me again… just noticed that the date for the last entry was wrong, and fixed it. But that's not the point.

Today, in Interactive Media, we viewed a presentation on how to structure project submissions (essentially, our brief). I must say that I found the tips on structuring the submission to be quite interesting and informative, especially in the usage of serif and sans serif fonts (being the linguaphile I am), and the placement of images and text. I have already started to implement this in other areas, namely a similar piece that I have been asked to put together for Art. This has proven to me that things such as Dirk's tips can easily be carried over into other subjects.

With our group meeting today, level design was a big factor, yet again, although the sub-group set up for this field went, essentially, out the window, as just about all of us, including mineself, got heavily involved in the process, with much enthusiasm. The first two levels were mapped out, and the enemy encounters for the second were worked out by Dan and I (as well as an idea for something of a homage to the underlying, lowbrow humour in games such as Duke Nukem, in the form of a boarded-up establishment named "Stuie's Bar", nestled down an alleyway… it can't all be serious, eh?). The level plans were drawn up on the whiteboard, as well as on computer, thanks to a handy device that Dirk let us use, named the Mimio. Some of the others investigated embedding code into the website, which I don't think was too successful, given the glaring error messages in the lower half of the main page.

Also, CSS code, and website design, were briefly discussed by myself, The Todd and Andrew. Todd and I agreed that the site layout will be a collaborative effort in terms of both visual and code work - this will help overall, as this gives evidence of us having a part in art, website design and coding.

Before I head off, I must say that I have been rather awed by Kodie's log entries, as his blow-by-blow analysis of most of the meetings (aided by the fact that he's the one who compiles the "Meeting Minutes" notes) and other relevant subject matter gives a good idea of the progression of our group and the as-of-yet unchristened project (which I wish to possibly dub "Project 9264" as a working title, although the others are heavily opposed for… a reason or two), whilst also helping me to get a good idea of his views and mindset on the matter of the project.

Well, now I'm off. It's past midnight, and I have to get up at 6:30. Well, at least I have a double free line in the morning.

Stuie's Bar, for the win. "Dawg".

- N.

Learn to swim, learn to swim…

No comments: