Sunday, March 9, 2008

Post the Seventh

Date: Sunday 9 March, 2008
Started: 2:35 AM
Finished: 3:04 AM


Please forgive for the overdue update, I've been feeling exhausted, and still am…

Thursday was yet another advancement in the field of level design, with work continuing on the layout of the second level (now incorporating an industrial complex, with one factory mapped out in detail). The group's first "video diary" entry was also produced during the afternoon's IM lesson, with Kodie venturing around the room and obtaining some first-hand information from the group members, concerning what we have done, are doing and will be doing in the future. Despite being camera-shy, I gave some information into my involvement in the group, with particular emphasis on my conceptual work, as well as my inspiration and my technique. I didn't really elaborate on my involvement in level design though, as I felt that this would be satisfactorily covered by Todd and Dan.

Behind the scenes, conceptual work continues as usual, although I have been delayed slightly due to the fact that I am currently juggling work from four pre-tertiary subjects at once. However, with the long weekend, I am planning to work on some more concept art, and have already been looking into reference material in the form of urban, inner-city architectural designs, for when my artistic prowess is turned towards the aesthetics of level design. I have also gained access to Adobe Photoshop at home, which means that I will now have much more flexibility in terms of where I can work on things such as textures and site design (and perhaps even digital conceptual art, if colour is required in the future). Now, I'm all set for when the texturing process starts, as I now possess the drivers for the college's Wacom tablets, and have arranged with Roger to be able to use the tablet outside of college, both for Interactive Media and Art Production.

Turns out that we may have, after much debate, settled on a name for our project - originally suggested comically by Andrew, "The Project" has now been accepted by a number of members of our group, as well as myself. After all, I find that sometimes the simplest of things have a much more pleasing effect overall than titles constructed from elaborate jargon.

Now, before I go to bed (going into Hobart later, which may be a chance to look at some architecture for future reference), I must drag my eyes away from these gruesome conceptual sketches by John Blanche, and concentrate on my own…

- N.

Punishment is sure for those who dare to cross the line…

No comments: